Thursday 18 July 2013

Tasha's Tat...Have you seen it??

July 18,2013

I am fortunate to have a delightful family and they all have wonderful stories to tell. This is just one of many, and I thought I would share it  with you.... my virtual family members!!

We have three children. Two girls and one boy. This is a story pertaining to our youngest.
 Chris and his wife Natasha, had three children, a girl and two boys. Tasha recently decided to get a tattoo and I asked if I could tag along and document the process.

An appointment was made at Spencer's Electric Crayon,and we arrived at the appointed time. I found this to be a bright airy spot where we were warmly greeted by non other than.... yes, you guessed it... Spencer! This gentleman has been a tattoo artist for 15 years and prior to that was a chef at our local University and at a prestigious private school in our area. ( A man of many talents!)

After signing a waiver form, the area to be tattooed was cleansed with an antiseptic and a previously approved stencil was applied. "Yup, that's where I want it" she said. Nervousness was being replaced with a "let's do it" attitude!

Spence stated that he was the only tattoo artist in Atlantic Canada with 100% single use, disposable instruments. The lot numbers from each of these instruments are then carefully stapled to the waiver form and filed away.  The "nurse" in me found these statements to be reassuring.

The outline of the design is done first with one type of needle while the color is applied with another type.

Check out these pics of the whole procedure...

In the end, Tasha was delighted with the result.( I was too....just in case you were wondering!)

 I  I know you want to see the finished product , don't you??  OK...here goes...



That is a story pertaining to their youngest.


Note of interest :  Spencer's Electric Crayon made a generous donation to the IWK Health Center fund raising event  that Tasha was involved with this past week-end,


The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.  ~  Helen Keller.





15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the point in leaving such a mean comment with such a blunt rude question? You look old enough to have heard the phrase " If you don't have anything nice to say.... Who cares if u wouldn't get a tattoo????? Pretty sure u wouldnt appreciate rude pointless comments on your blog come on!! ps tattoos rock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica. She got the tattoo as a memorial to her baby son who died at 6 mos. of age. As I didn't want the post to be a downer I kind of thought it was obvious why she go it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. My husband has two small tattoos on his arms. Got them at 19. They look good, I think.
    I like the pictures, they do tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silvia. My daughter-on-law got hers as a memorial to her infant son . As she said.." I will still remember when I am old and wrinkled" so it's OK to get it.

      Delete
  4. I love this! Even though Riley will always be loved and remembered by those who loved him, this is a Mom's special way to always hold him close and next to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome!!! Lovely tribute btw

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't like pain for any reason, but i can totally understand the significance of this. bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she had her fears as well, Grace, but was determined to follow through. Nice to hear from you.

      Delete
  7. It came out really good. That's a painful spot to get one, too.

    ReplyDelete