Thursday 27 June 2013

#TGCBB 2013 --Canada Stones... er... Rocks!!

    Hi and welcome to The Great Canadian Blog Bash for 2013!!.This is the first time I have participated and am really quite excited.   I hope I am able to convey to you some of the deep and heartfelt emotions that I experience when I say that I am a "Canadian".
 Special thanks to our hosts;
@momvstheboys@MapleLeafMommy and@WhispersInspire
My name is Patricia and I have been a blogger for about 15 months. I am also a wife, mother, grandmother and a nurse.  One of the most unique things about living in Canada ... and in particular the east coast, is the fact that we get to experience 4 different seasons. Each has it's own beauty that is added to the already  spectacular natural beauty of our rugged coastline and inland lakes.








Our trees are forever changing. Our national symbol, the Maple Leaf, can be seen everywhere in the autumn.












  We are grateful to live in a peaceful nation   and have constant reminders of it with scenery that reflects tranquility even when the clouds are present.  







One of the many lakes in my area  that can be enjoyed all year round for walking, skating or sledding.











An interesting perspective of summer frolickers @ Rockwood Park, one of Canada's largest urban parks with 890 hectares (aprox 2200acres) of land with fresh water lakes, extensive trails, a golf course and the city zoo.






A beautiful summer sunset on the Kennebecasis River where boaters of all types are in their glory. This shot is  near the Royal Kennebecasis Yacht Club in Saint John, New Brunswick.
My hubby and I often just sit with our "Timmies" and watch the sun go down.









Living in the wonderful country of Canada how could I not be happy..   And finally,


This sculpture is composed of several different types of stone found in Canada, joined together to represent what we view as a Canadian symbol.This stone, just like the fantastic people of Canada who individually are strong and work well on their own, when joined together  in this unified fashion we are unstoppable!   In more ways than you ever thought.....CANADA ROCKS!!












                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

18 comments:

  1. Way to go Patricia. How come I didn't know about this blog I wonder. I live in Ontario so I would have taken part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much,Jo. There is still lots of time to enter. Just follow the link at the top of the post. Look forward to seeing you post.

      Delete
  2. We are so fortunate to live where we do, Canada is such a wonderful country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is too,Monica. I don't have experience living anywhere else, but am very content here.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I love Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sculpture! And your photography isn't bad either. :) #tgcbb (cookingdangerously.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ann. The sculpture is pretty amazing isn't it?. Thanks for your comments.
      Patricia, Sugar & Spice & All Things ? Nice

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi, Kyla. That last photo was taken at Rockwood Park in Saint John, N.B. Part of a collection of sculptures representing each province and territory of Canada. I was going to post one of Alberta as a tribute to them, but thought the post was long enough as it was. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. Ah, so envious of you living on the east coast! Canada is a great country, and the east coast is my very favourite part of it :-)

    Thanks for sharing your pictures. The stone maple leaf is a wonderful representation of Canada :-)

    Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly, and Happy Canada Day to you. Love your site and your ability to express yourself so artistically!

      Patricia, Sugar & Spice & All Things ? Nice

      Delete
  7. That stone sculpture is beautiful! so jealous of all you #TGCBB participants living on the east coast lol. Looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I'm here from #TGC BB. Your pictures of Canada are absolutely beautiful. We live in a great country.

    Check me out at http://oneheartonefamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that sculpture and that gorgeous sunset! Canada does rock! thanks for linking up with us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love our seasons too, each one so beautiful here in Canada! From the West Coast, happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one of the things that I love about Canada. Our changing seasons that are beautiful. Especially fall. Thanks for participating in The Great Canadian Blog Bash and we are very happy to have you! #TGCBB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pictures.. some of the best photos we have are from our East Coast travels when I visit the in laws! (www.babyandlife.com)

    ReplyDelete