Friday 1 February 2013

ABC Friday --D is for Dog

ABC Friday
              Thanks to Mom vs the Boys for the ABC Friday Photo Share.







This  Friday I seemed to have misplaced my "thinking cap"  or it has blown away in the unusually high winds of this week.
In any case I have completely forgotten it was even Friday, let alone what to put in this blog.  With that in mind... hopefully your mind is more present than mine..... one of the first words we learn to associate with the letter "D" is dog.   Since time is of the essence I took the low road, and went with the first word that came into my wind blown head.

What is  interesting, though, is this particular picture.   Our daughter and son-in-law have a beautiful golden retriever that has become very close to a toy  we gave it for this past Christmas. It is a warm and fuzzy rabbit that when squeezed emits a sound like..... would you believe... a duck. Oh, look, it is a "D" word too!   Lovely Shelby has been carrying this creature  around with her for quite a while now and  was captured on film by my daughter having a nap  in the sunshine keeping her little charge close to her.   It was definitely not set up.   What can I say.... .. but then again I am the Nana and admit to prejudice.!!




10 comments:

  1. Awwww that's just so sweet and what a great capture!! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. Jen took this with her cell phone as she didn't want to chance missing it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. My daughter took this with her cell phone as she felt the same wy!

      Delete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute picture
    THanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment...love this weekly site.

      Delete
  5. Awhhh, what a sweet picture of Shelby, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Monica, I just couldn't resist posting it! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete