Tuesday 17 March 2015

I Promise...No More!



March 17,2015


I Promise... No More!

We  have passed the half way mark for March and  here we are again, digging out after another MAJOR snowfall. Received 36cm yesterday for a total of ,,,, I have really lost count... but definitely greater than 450 cm (14ft 9in.) No matter how you calculate it, that's one heck of a lot of snow.... and that's only been the last 7-8 weeks!!

But back to topic. I promise, no more rants and no more pictures of snow covered ..... everything, after today!!



My daughter and her hubby were snowmobiling on the week-end and were able to get a few great photos of one of their stops.  I will share them with you. I did a similar post a couple of years ago, but  I am still fascinated by this spot. I have been assured that "It's not for you, Mum"! Although that has failed to deter me most times, this time I will agree!




This is the "entrance" to the Ice Caves, about a 45 minute car drive and an additional 60 minute snowmobile ride from where I live. One has to rappel down this hill using a knotted rope.....I MIGHT be able to do that..... and them climb back up using the same rope and toe holds in the snow. That I could NOT do!! They kept their helmets on for safety!




This is where the icicles have been broken off to allow people to go behind the ice and see what is usually a waterfall, from the inside.




We can see the edge of the rock outcropping over which the falls,,,,,, well...er....fall! I love the aqua color that is seen when viewing the ice from the inside!



Again, the entrance/exit from the inside, looking out! Thanks to Jennifer Liston for the photos!

While reviewing this post I have discovered a strange green border around the photos.

Image result for leprechaunWell Gosh and Begorrah!  It appears a mischievous leprechaun has been taunting me as I forgot to mention that today is St. Patrick's Day.  Well, let's get that cleared up now.


Happy St. Paddy's Day to all the Irish and Irish-for-a-Day people out there!!

*caricature from Google images*



23 comments:

  1. That looks like time stopped burr that looks cold!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was cold, Karren, and I agree it does indeed look like time just stopped!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Karren, it looks like time has stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi to Australia... I sure hope time picks up soon, I'm tired of cold and want spring to begin!

      Delete
  3. Thirty-six centimetres? That's nuts! As much as those photos are so pretty, I've personally had enough of the snow, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with you on that one Diana. Waaaay too much snow and ice and cold!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I have to admit, Patrick, that pretty much sums up my frustration with weather here.

      Delete
  5. How beautiful and strangely serene :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. It is certainly different. I like the "serene" aspect.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like an awesome adventure and the photos they took is so stunning =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be an awesome adventure, too, Pixidusk, but am hesitant to try the climb back up. Will work on upper body strength and try next year, maybe!

      Delete
  7. I wouldn't be able to go there either, but the photos are stunning. It's so pristine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda, will pass along your kind comment to my daughter. Have a great week!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Linda, will pass along your kind comment to my daughter. Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness!! I've never lived anywhere that water freezes except for the bowl of water for the cats....I can't fathom a river stopping because of the cold.

    How beautiful! I could slip my way down the rope....but I'd be down there till the river thawed!

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would both be down there, Mary, as I'd never make it back up! We are so used to this that I am amazed that people find it unusual....;-)

      Delete
  9. If we had the snowmobiles (and someone else to drive them, of course) to get there, rather than the long walk, we might be able to get down to the caves. Maybe we can arrange that for next year. In the meantime we will enjoy Jennifer's awesome photos. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to Spring that the thought on next winter scares the "bejeeebees" out of me!! Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  10. That ice cave is beautiful Too bad you still have snow. All of our snow has melted, thank goodness. I was getting sick and tired of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty of ice caves aside, Cascia, I am already sick and tired of winter!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Wow, what a fabulous place! I really, really want to visit there next year! Awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to do some serious upper body strengthening in order to do that climb back up the hill, Monica. But, I'm game if you and Kathy are!

      Delete